It is the policy of Central Carolina Technical College (CCTC) to review all entering students’ postsecondary course work completed at other regionally accredited colleges or universities. Students may be admitted with advanced standing by transfer of credits.
An official transcript must be on file in the student’s academic record in the Student Records Office. In order for a transcript to be considered official, it must come directly from the transferring institution by way of a third party processing center (Clearinghouse, Parchment, etc.) or from the school itself in a sealed envelope. Electronic PDF transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and paper transcripts should be mailed to:
Central Carolina Technical College
506 North Guignard Drive
Sumter, SC 29150
Acceptance of transfer credits will be at the discretion of the Registrar or designee in consultation with the appropriate department chair when necessary. The following criteria will be observed when awarding transfer credit:
- The College will accept only credit course work with a grade of “C” or better which has been earned from other regionally accredited postsecondary institutions.
- The course work must closely parallel the course in the student’s curriculum as offered by CCTC.
- If the credits being transferred were awarded in quarter credit hours, the credits will be converted to semester hour equivalents. If the credit hours for the parallel course are less than those granted by the college, the course will not be accepted for transfer. The student may take a proficiency test, if applicable.
- The grade awarded from the transferring institution will appear on the CCTC transcript, but it will not be used in calculating the CCTC student’s grade-point average (GPA). Transfer credit will, however, be calculated in the cumulative “Earned Hours” (EHRS) section of the transcript. In addition, grade points are not transferable from previous institutions.
- Transfer credit will be awarded after acceptance and before the end of the first semester of enrollment provided the official transcript has been received from the transferring college/university. A student is encouraged not to enroll in classes that may transfer until the evaluation has been completed.
- Students will receive an email when the transcript evaluation is complete and can view awarded transfer credit in myCCTC.
- When a student decides to change their program the student may request a re-review of their transcript by emailing email@example.com. Credit will be evaluated and awarded based on the requirements in the program to which the student is changing.
- Some majors have time limits on curriculum courses due to the nature of the program and program accreditation requirements. Students with questions should contact their advisor or the Registrar.