The Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program at Central Carolina Technical College provides on-campus and community service work opportunities for qualified students. Positions will pay $8.00-$9.00 per hour. A student’s total award amount will vary and work hours will depend on unmet financial need and availability of funds. Funding for the FWS Program is very limited.
To Qualify for the Federal Work Study (FWS) Program:

  • Must demonstrate financial need through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.
  • Must have a minimum 2.0 GPA.
  • Must NOT be on Financial Aid Suspension for any reason. Federal Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards are as followed:
    • Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
    • Maintain a cumulative completion rate of 67% or higher.
    • Student must complete degree/certificate/diploma within 150% of the published length of their program of study. Ex: a student enrolled in a 60 credit hour program is eligible until 90 credit hours are attempted
      (60 x 1.5 = 90).

To Apply:

  • Visit to search for open positions.
    • You will need to register with your email.
    • Search keyword “FWS” to find open positions.
  • Apply for an open position here
    • You can also apply via the link provided in the job posting.
    • If you want to apply for more than one position, you will need to complete an application for each position.
  • The Federal Work Study Coordinator will receive your application and determine your eligibility for FWS funds within 24-48 hours of your application submissions.
    • If you are eligible, your application and authorization will be forwarded to the hiring supervisor and yourself.
    • If you are not eligible, the Federal Work Study Coordinator will inform you that you are not eligible to receive FWS funds and for what reason.

If Hired:

  • If you have been hired for a position, the FWS Coordinator will generate a contract for you and your supervisor to sign before you can begin work.
  • You will also need to meet with the FWS Coordinator to complete the rest of the new hire documents before being able to work.
    • You will need to bring the following documents to this meeting:
      • Driver’s License/State-Issued ID
      • Social Security Card/Birth Certificate
      • Printed Banking Information for Direct Deposit
  • Please use the new Qless system to request an appointment with the Federal Work Study Coordinator
    • Resource is “Kaitlyn Pinkney”
    • Service is “Federal Work Study”
    • Please add in notes “New Hire”
  • The new hire documents and contracts must be completed and submitted to the Human Resources Office one full day prior to beginning work!
  • You will also be added to a D2L class that will house helpful information about the FWS Program, such as how to submit timesheets and the student employee handbook. The FWS Coordinator may post updates and important news about trainings via the D2L as well.

Résumé and Interview Assistance

  • For résumé building tips and interview prep, we encourage you to visit the Career Services Center located on the Main Campus in Building M500.
    • Please call them at 803-778-6600 or email to schedule an appointment.