It is the policy of Central Carolina Technical College that students or appropriate sponsoring parties receive a fair and equitable refund of tuition upon withdrawal or reduction of course load. Institutional charges for a semester will be refunded at the following rates:
|Refund%||Withdrawal or Net Reduction in Credit Hours|
|*100%||Before first date in term that classes are offered (start of term)|
|*100%||1st-5th day of term (3rd day of term for minimesters)|
|0||After 5th day of term (3rd day of term for minimesters)|
- Students who never attend class will be considered to have constructively withdrawn before the start of the semester.
- A student’s official withdrawal date will be based on the last date of attendance.
- Refunds for semesters that vary in length from the 16 week semester will be in proportion to the semester refund schedule delineated above.
- Late fees and late payment fees will not be refunded.
- No refunds will be made if not applied for within 90 days of the last day of attendance.
- Hanging parking tag fees will not be refunded.
- Refunds to veterans in non-degree programs or military tuition assistance students will be made in accordance with existing government regulations.
- The Vice President for Business Affairs may consider refunds on an individual basis where personal emergency or extreme hardship is involved. Written documentation will be required in these cases. No requests will be considered for charges greater than one year old.
Non-credit Courses, Seminars, and Workshops
Refunds may be requested by mail, email, in person, or by telephone. These requests are the responsibility of the registrant.
- Full Refund– A full refund will be issued for all courses, seminars, and workshops canceled by Central Carolina Technical College.
- Partial Refund– Registrations canceled before the cutoff date (10 working days) will be assessed a 20% administrative fee.
- No Refund– There will be no refunds for cancellations less than ten (10) working days prior to the starting date.
Return of Title IV Funds
Students who receive financial aid and completely withdraw from the College are subject to the return of Title IV funds policy. The amount to be returned is based on the percentage of enrollment completed for the semester and the amount of financial aid assistance considered earned. Funds are returned to the appropriate programs in the following order: Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan; Subsidized Federal Stafford Loan; Federal Pell Grant; Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant; other Title IV Assistance. The College and the student are both responsible to return unearned financial aid assistance to the appropriate program(s). Examples are available in the Business Office.