Veteran Certification Request Form

  • Office of Financial Aid & Veterans Affairs Office 506 North Guignard Drive, Sumter SC 29150 Phone: (803) 778-7845 Fax (803) 778-6696 Email: or
    * Required

    Request for Certification of VA Education Benefits

    Students wishing to use their VA Education benefits for each enrollment period must submit a Veteran Certification Request Form (VCRF) EACH SEMESTER per policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs. Your enrollment will not be certified and you will not receive any benefits for the semester if you fail to submit a VCRF. This form provides important information for use, monitoring, and agreement to certification of your VA education benefits.

    (If yes, Submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility letter to the School Certifying Official. Otherwise, Apply online at or
  • First time users must create an account and apply for benefits at

    Use the following forms to apply:
    • VA Form 22-1990 for Chapters 30, 33, and 16060; for first time use of benefits
    • VA Form 22-1995 Change of program/training place
    • VA Form 22-5490 for Chapter 35 Dependent Assistance for first time use of benefits
    • VA Form 22-5495 Change of program/training place
    • Chapter 35 Apply for free tuition for Children of Certain War Veterans at
    • VA Form 22-1900 for Chapter 31 – Contact your local VA Regional Office or call 1 (800) 827-1000
    • VA Form 22-1990t to apply for Tutoring Assistance
    The U.S.Department of Veterans Affairs determines eligibility for all education benefits and programs. The VA will notify you of your eligibility. Please allow the VA 4-6 weeks to process your application for benefits. Visit the GI Bill® website for more information on education benefits or contact the VA Education Hotline (888) 442-4551.

    Student Information

  • MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • Requirements for VA Education Benefits

    Submit a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) of education benefits to the School Certifying Official (SCO) the first time you are using VA benefits at CCTC, if it has been over 2 years since you used them at CCTC, or if information on the COE has changed (i.e. type of chapter benefits).

    Enroll into courses only required to complete a certificate/degree program as outlined in the college catalog. View your personal program plan in Degree Works in Mycctc or see academic advisor. The VA will not pay for courses listed as not applicable to your current certificate or degree program. The college may bill you for tuition and/or fees not covered by the VA for courses not applicable to a certificate/degree program.

    Developmental courses (03x, MAT, RWR) must be taken in face-to-face format (A,Z,V) to qualify for VA educational benefits. Developmental online (L) and developmental hybrid (H) cannot be certified.

    Maintain the VA Standards of Academic Progress (SAP) of a cumulative 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) and/or 67% or higher cumulative pass rate each semester. The VA will be notified of your SAP status each semester.

    Notify the School Certifying Official for following:

    • Changes to your enrollment*
    • Request a change of program or change of training place
    • Withdrawal from a course*
    * Changes to your enrollment after certification may result in a student debt of tuition and fees, books and a housing allowance with the VA.

    Contact Debt Management for information on student debts at or call 1 (800) 827-0648. The VA does not allow SCO’s to mediate for student debts.

    Chapters 30 and 1606 – must verify attendance on the last day of each month through the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or Interactive Voice Response (IVR) 1-877-823-2378. Chapter 35 beneficiaries will be mailed a VA Form 22-8979 to verify enrollment. Verification of enrollment is required in order to receive your education benefits.

    Visit the GI Bill® website or call 1 (888) 442-4551 for more information on VA education benefits.

    Transfer Students Only: Submit transcripts from all previously attended schools.

    Submit a Veteran Certification Request Form each semester you plan to use your VA education benefits.