1. Apply online at http://www.gibill.va.gov/. This electronic application is for the veteran that has not used benefits in the past. After submitting the 22-1990 electronic application, the veteran must mail the signature page and a copy of form DD-214 to the VA Regional Office.
Changing programs or schools – The veteran must fill out a 22-1995 (change of program) if VA benefits have been used previously. The certifying official (CCTC) must have the hard copy of this form in the veteran’s file.
If applying for Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance, the student can apply with an application 22-5490. The student, or the school’s VA office, must mail this application to the VA Regional Office. If the student has already submitted this paperwork or used this benefit in the past and wants to use benefits at another school, he / she must fill out a form 22-5495 (change of program or place of training).

2. The student must enroll in an eligible program to receive VA benefits.

3. All transcripts from other colleges must be sent to our Registrar for evaluation of prior training.

4. All classes must be in the student’s official program of study unless the academic department chair approves a course to be substituted.

5. The student must inform the VA Certifying Official (in a timely manner) when enrolling, withdrawing, and dropping a class.