How to access online courses via D2L
Central Carolina’s Internet (online) courses are taught using a course management software called D2L, which is accessed through the ‘D2L’ portlet on the ‘Student Tab’ in myCCTC. Your instructor will provide course information, learning modules, and communication methods within the course as well as assignments, testing, and assessment procedures for the course. There are additional instructions about using D2L inside your course, but if you have additional questions, be sure to ask your instructor or any of the technical support staff listed below.
You may access your online courses through the myCCTC student portal or directly from D2L. Below are directions for both methods of access:
- Go to http://mycctc.cctech.edu/.
- Log into myCCTC using your username and password. If you need help with your username and password, contact User Support Services at (803) 778-6607.
- Click on the “Student” tab.
- Click on “D2L -My Home Page” in the D2L portlet (it will open in a new browser window).
- Once in D2L, click on the 9 block stack (waffle) at the top of the page to “Select a course…”.
- Click on the title of the course to be directed to the online course homepage in D2L.
- Read “Announcements” information on the “Course Homepage”.
- Setup your Profile and access your account settings by clicking the arrow beside your name on the top right corner of the page.
- Become familiar with D2L and Library tutorials under “Student Resources” and “CCTC Library”.
- Find your syllabus and other course information and course instructions under “Content”.
- Communicate with your instructor and classmates by clicking on name in “Classlist”.
Direct Access at the D2L Login Page:
- Go to http://cctech.desire2learn.com/
- If you know your username and password, enter it and click Login. (Your D2L username is the same as your myCCTC username.) If you do not know your D2L password, you can request a password reset through the “Forgot Password” link on the D2L Login Page.