Test of Essential Academic Skills Testing
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is required for acceptance consideration for the Associate Degree in Nursing and Surgical Technology. TEAS covers English and Language Usage, Math, Reading and Science. The test is approximately 3 hours long. Your scores will print out immediately. There is a 30-day waiting period between testing.
AN APPLICANT MAY TAKE THE TEAS TEST TWICE IN A CALENDAR YEAR (JANUARY 1ST THRU DECEMBER 31ST). AN APPLICANT MAY TAKE THE TEAS NO MORE THAN FOUR TIMES.
Students must first, create a username and password on www.atitesting.com prior to registering for the TEAS. Once you have created your username and password, click the Online Store, then register for TEAS. The TEAS fee is $107 + tax.
- All ATI registrations are nonrefundable and non-changeable.
- On-site testing is held at the Main Campus Testing Services at the Main Campus in Building M100, Room M109 on Friday at 9 a.m.
- The day of testing you must have your ATI username and password and must present a picture ID to the proctor. If you do not have these on the day of testing, you will not be able to test.
- If testing on campus, please arrive 30 minutes prior to the start time of the test for check in. Due to limited seating and the nature of this standardized test, we will not be able to accommodate examinees that arrive after 9 a.m.
- If testing remotely, you must complete a “dry run” sample test prior to your actual scheduled test.
Students must also make an appointment with the Testing Services at Main Campus after registering with the ATI website. Appointments are needed for both on-campus and remote testing. For exam dates and appointments, please click here.
A free practice test is available here. You may also purchase an online practice test and study manual here at ATI Testing or here at Mometrix.
Central Carolina will not accept TEAS test scores from students that have taken the test more than twice in an academic year or within the 30 day waiting period. An applicant may take the TEAS no more than four times.