Senior Citizens—In accordance with State Law, Section 59-111-320, legal residents of South Carolina who are at least 60 years of age may be permitted to attend classes on a space available basis without the required payment of tuition if they meet admission and other standards deemed appropriate by the College. The following criteria have been established by Central Carolina:
- Senior citizens should complete a FAFSA, and the senior citizen waiver will only be used to the extent tuition is not covered by other grant aid. Senior citizens who qualify for financial aid may enroll in any program and register during regular registration.
- Senior citizens who do not complete a FAFSA or do not qualify for any grant aid must be coded as a career development student and must wait and register during late registration, on a space available basis.
- Only the base tuition will be waived. If the senior citizen enrolls in a higher cost program, they will be required to pay the additional amount (unless covered by financial aid). Technology and other fees, books, supplies or miscellaneous expenses will not be covered by the waiver.
- Senior citizens must sign the Certification of Age Form (available from the cashier) before waiver is applied.
- Senior citizen waiver can only be used one time per course.
For more information, contact: