Are you interested in attending Central Carolina Technical College? This section provides relevant information for the future student. We hope that CCTC can be College for You!
The college offers very affordable tuition and plenty of financial aid opportunities for everyone, no matter what your economic situation. The minimal admission requirements will open doors for many students that might otherwise be closed.* Enrollment opportunities are offered year-round.
Multiple locations in the four-county area serve to make classes as convenient as possible. Many classes are also offered through distance and online education. The College also offers flexible hours and weekend schedules for classes. Class size is kept small to be able to offer personal, relevant education. Our students participate in a supportive learning community where they are more than a number.
Academic programs are structured to help you complete school faster. Programs offer various levels: Degree, Diploma and Certificate. Academic programs are accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Many programs are also individually accredited by relevant accrediting bodies. The Associate of Arts and Science degrees prepare you for further higher education and can be transferred to any public four-year university in South Carolina. Many other colleges and universities accept coursework as well.
If you have questions about applying for admissions or checking the status of your application, please contact the Admissions Office at (803) 778-6605, or email us at email@example.com. We are open 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. on Friday.
*All students must submit acceptable SAT or ACT scores, college transcripts or take placement exams.
Applicants who wish to enroll in a few classes for upgrading their skills, but who do not wish to pursue a degree, diploma, or certificate. Applicants must:
- Submit an Application for Admission.
- Meet course prerequisites where applicable.
- Pay all fees by the payment deadline for each semester. (No financial aid is available to this category of student.)
Senior Citizens—In accordance with State Law, Section 59-111-320, legal residents of South Carolina who are at least 60 years of age may be permitted to attend classes on a space available basis without the required payment of tuition if they meet admission and other standards deemed appropriate by the College. The following criteria have been established by Central Carolina:
- Senior citizens should complete a FAFSA, and the senior citizen waiver will only be used to the extent tuition is not covered by other grant aid. Senior citizens who qualify for financial aid may enroll in any program and register during regular registration.
- Senior citizens who do not complete a FAFSA or do not qualify for any grant aid must be coded as a career development student and must wait and register during late registration, on a space available basis.
- Only the base tuition will be waived. If the senior citizen enrolls in a higher cost program, they will be required to pay the additional amount (unless covered by financial aid). Technology and other fees, books, supplies or miscellaneous expenses will not be covered by the waiver.
- Senior citizens must sign the Certification of Age Form (available from the cashier) before waiver is applied.
- Senior citizen waiver can only be used one time per course.