Office of Student Life
At Central Carolina Technical College, we want you to have the benefit of receiving a first-class college education. We realize that many lessons you will learn will not be restricted to a physical classroom. Consider the advantages of participating in any of our outstanding student clubs and organizations; or, attending student-centered programming events. You will be proud of the opportunities for professional growth and leadership that these student organizations and events afford.
If you are looking to get involved in clubs and organizations, contact Riquelle Robinson, Student Life Coordinator at 803-774-3336, firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by Room M108.
Virtual Student Life
Below you’ll find a selection of virtual, enrichment experiences that you can participate in from the comfort of your home. Check back soon for new opportunities to explore.
- Why we Procrastinate by Vik Nithy- Do you put things off until the last minute? Learn why your brain chooses to procrastinate. Try to change your habits and get things done!
- How to Graduate College With a Job You Love and Less Debt By Jullien Gordon- Choose the right path for you. Try not to make decisions based on what others do. Focus on your capital while in college and remember you are paying for the experience and not just education.
- Your Body Language May Shape Who You Are by Amy Cuddy- Your body language communicates with others before you speak. Changing your body language can change your thoughts and even the way you feel.
- CorePower Yoga- Relax your mind and body with free yoga classes.
- Fitness Blender Workouts- Select workouts are offered for free. Fitness Blender Plus (FB Plus) videos require membership.
- Orangetheory at Home Workouts –Free workouts posted daily. Find the best video for you or choose the video of the day.
VIRTUAL ENRICHMENT TOURS:
- African American History and Culture: Washington, D.C.- As you make your virtual journey through the interactive, and then hopefully see the stunning exhibits and architecture for yourself on the National Mall, experience the building that director Lonnie Bunch says will “Sing for all of us.” — Beth Py-Lieberman
- The British Museum: The Museum of the World (London)- Welcome to The Museum of the World – an interactive experience through time, continents and culture, featuring some the most fascinating objects in human history.
- National Park Foundation- Got a bit of downtime? Take a trip to a national park from wherever you are! Many national park sites across the country offer digital tours and experiences that you can access anytime, anywhere. From digitally diving under the sea to watching the cherry blossom trees bloom, there are countless ways to #FindYourPark / #EncuentraTuParque online.
- Discovery Education: Boeing Future U- This virtual field trip will explore a variety of unexpected roles and functions that lend to the development of complex projects, like the Starliner/CST-100 and the SLS. Along the way, students will be exposed to the unusual paths that have led to these unique careers.
- The Georgia Aquarium: Atlanta- Georgia Aquarium is a nonprofit committed to inspiring awareness and preservation of our ocean and aquatic animals worldwide. Check out the live webcams to connect with the animals.
- Road Trip from Home –Provides several websites that offer virtual tours all over the world. Want to travel but can’t leave the house due to the pandemic? Take a virtual trip to the White House, the Zoo, or even spice it up and take a trip to the Largest Cave in the World!
just for fun:
- Virtual Disney World & Disney Land Rides- Enjoy rides virtually as we all practice some very important social distancing to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Twitch- Twitch is where millions of people come together live every day to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment together.
- Catchafire– Volunteer your skills virtually. Filter through volunteer opportunities based on cause area, skillset, and time commitment to find the best option for you.
- The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) – Online volunteering allows organizations and volunteers to team up to address sustainable development challenges – anywhere in the world, from any device.
- Zooniverse- Interested in contributing to real research? Identify endangered animals, classify galaxy systems, or transcribe Shakespearean manuscripts.