Searching for a job takes planning and time. The start of an effective job search includes preparing your targeted resume and cover letter to submit to prospective employers, preparing your interview skills, researching prospective employers, and researching required skills and salary expectations. Career Services can assist you develop a target job search plan that fits your career plan. We encourage you to start this process early.
- Resume samples and video tip guides are available in Big Interview and College Central Network.
- Submit your resume draft to Career Services for a virtual review. Log in to College Central Network and upload your resume draft to “My Resumes”. The Career Services Coordinator will provide feedback on your draft and areas of improvement. You can also schedule an appointment for a resume review.
- Upload your approved final resume draft to your College Central Network account. You can opt-in to allow employers to view your resume in the system and contact you about possible employment opportunities.
- Update your resume every semester, or as needed, and update your College Central Network account.
- Complete the Fast Track Certificate and Interview Playbook Video Guides in Big Interview
- Complete virtual mock interview in Big Interview and review the feedback provided
- Schedule in-person mock interview or interview preparation appointment with the Career Services Coordinator
Research Employers & Salary
The Career Services Coordinator can assist you research area employers who fit your career interest and help identify new employers to consider. Schedule an appointment with the Career Services Coordinator to start making your career plan.
- College Central Network
- Attend a career or job fair – check the Events Calendar for details