The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) and Central Carolina Technical College (CCTC) have partnered to offer the profession’s first Specialty Certificate in Massage Therapy for Integrative Healthcare. View the brochure here.
The Specialty Certificate in Massage Therapy for Integrative Healthcare will be available to current and future students enrolled in CCTC’s 960-hour Massage Therapy program. Upon completion of CCTC’s program, students will be eligible to sit for the NCBTMB Specialty Exam.
This means that students would graduate the CCTC Massage Therapy program with their CCTC certificate of completion, transcript, as well as a credentialed CCTC/NCBTMB Specialty Certificate in Massage Therapy for Integrative Healthcare.
CCTC is the first school to be offered this proposal by NCBTMB. With our NCBTMB Assigned School status, we will now prepare students to graduate with the skills, tools, and preparation necessary to achieve entry-level state licensure, an advanced specialty certificate, as well as NCBTMB Board Certification.”
- Open to all graduates from the Massage Therapy program beginning 2012.
- CCTC is the first school NCBTMB has offered to partner with for a specialty certificate.
- The 960-hour program containing CCTC curriculum which includes online material, live in-person, hands-on instruction, clinical/shadowing instruction, and a final exam will be organized and executed through CCTC.
- Upon successfully passing the CCTC Massage Therapy Program and NCBTMB specialty exam, NCBTMB will provide participants with a collaborative certificate detailing the credential earned, along with a detailed transcript as proof of his/her credential. NCBTMB will mail the certificate and transcript to each participant.
- Participants will be able to test at the CCTC Testing Center on Main Campus for their advanced certification exam. The exam will be mailed to NCBTMB for scoring and records.
- In addition to CCTC program costs, the cost of the certification process and exam with NCBTMB is $75 which is made payable by the student directly to NCBTMB.
Qualifications to apply for the CCTC/NCBTMB Specialty Certificate in Massage Therapy for Integrative Healthcare Exam
- Letter of Approval for Intent to Test from CCTC Massage Therapy Program Manager
- Completion of 100 Acute or Long-Term Care Clinical Hours in direct patient care
- Passing licensure exam score
Initial steps for CCTC/NCBTMB Specialty Certificate in Massage Therapy for Integrative Healthcare Exam
- Create username and password on NCBTMB.org
- Complete online application and pay online
- Completed Application packet with $200 application fee online
- Schedule your test with the CCTC Testing Center on Main Campus
- Completed Test will be mailed by CCTC Testing Center to NCBTMB
- Results will be scored and released by NCBTMB
Qualifications for certification
- CCTC transcript with proof of successful completion of massage therapy program
- Passing score on CCTC/NCBTMB Specialty Certificate in Massage Therapy for Integrative Healthcare Exam
- Licensure or Board Certification