Title IX/Sexual Harassment/Sexual Violence
Title IX/Sexual Harassment of the Education Amendments of 1972 provides that no person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance. 20 U.S.C. §1681
Title IX/Sexual Harassment prohibits:
- Gender Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Sexual Assault
- Intimate Partner/Relationship Violence
- Bullying and Cyberbullying
Who is Title IX/Sexual Harassment for?
Title IX/Sexual Harassment Regulations
- Title IX and Sex Discrimination
- Subtitle B Regulations of the office of the Department of Education
- Non-discrimination, anti-harassment and sexual misconduct
Central Carolina Technical College does not discriminate in employment or admissions on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, religion, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to lactation, disability, or any other protected class.
- Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Policy
- Non-Discrimination, Anti-Harassment, and Sexual Misconduct (SBTCE 8-5-100.1)
Central Carolina Technical College offers accommodations in the classroom for pregnant students. If you are pregnant, please see the Title IX Coordinator as soon as possible so that accommodations can be coordinated. The Title IX Coordinator will inform you of your rights and responsibilities, and when all paperwork is completed will communicate with your instructors on your behalf. Please be aware that speaking with your instructor is not the same as setting up accommodations with the Title IX Coordinator, but you are required to maintain contact with your instructors and keep them aware of ongoing circumstances.
Prevention and Training for Employees
Federal Law requires ongoing Title IX training of college employees to ensure they understand their responsibilities when working with those impacted by sexual harassment and sexual violence.
- Title IX New Regs Book
- Title IX Roadmap
- Title IX Regulations as a Checklist
- Thompson-Coburn Webinar
- Title IX/VAW Investigator Training (June 25, 2020)
- Title IX Update: Final Regulations (on-demand webinar)
- Conducting a Grievance Process Under the New Title IX Regulations (on-demand webinar)
*Please note that the materials may not be viewable while using Internet Explorer. We recommend viewing with a different browser.
- Community Resources Brochure
- Family Resource Center
- Santee-Wateree Community Mental Health
- Sexual Trauma Services