A partnership to fund our future
Central Carolina Technical College is proud to introduce Central Carolina Scholars, a groundbreaking scholarship initiative like no other in South Carolina. Central Carolina Scholars provides the first two years at Central Carolina Technical College tuition-free. It is an economic development tool for existing and new industries and will afford expanded higher education opportunities to students in Sumter, Clarendon, Kershaw and Lee counties.
- A test pilot initiative was introduced in Clarendon, Kershaw and Lee counties in 2011.
- Initiative successfully culminated in 2015.
- Enrollment doubled from participating counties.
- After a successful test pilot, CCTC, along with community and corporate partners, planned to launch a four-year plan.
- Projected annual cost to implement the scholarship is $250,000.
- Scholarship is available to high school students in the graduating classes of 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Must graduate from a public or private accredited high school in Clarendon, Kershaw, Lee or Sumter county; or be a homeschool graduate and a resident of Clarendon, Kershaw, Lee or Sumter county; or a graduate of the South Carolina Virtual High School and a resident of Clarendon, Kershaw, Lee or Sumter county.
- Must test into college level coursework through ACT, SAT or CCTC placement exam scores. Students testing into developmental studies courses will not be eligible for the scholarship.
- Must present a final high school transcript showing graduation date and minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Must begin taking classes in the summer or fall semester immediately following high school graduation.
- Must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each academic year.
- The scholarship will be applied after all other forms of financial aid have been exhausted and can be used for tuition only. Students who receive full financial aid from other sources will not qualify for scholarship funds.
- Scholarship only covers tuition. It does not cover lab fees, books, supplies or miscellaneous expenses.
- Scholarship will be provided for the duration of one program of study for up to two years (six consecutive semesters).
Central Carolina Scholars Team:
- Central Carolina Technical College
- All Clarendon, Kershaw, Lee and Sumter County School Districts
- All Private High Schools in Clarendon, Kershaw, Lee and Sumter counties
- Cities of Camden and Sumter
- Clarendon, Kershaw, Lee and Sumter County Councils
- Corporate sponsors
For more information, contact: