Smart Choices for Success
Smart Choices for Success is a Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) that contributes to institutional improvement and student success over a five-year period. It offers:
- Well defined and focused course of action to enhance student learning.
- Identified goals and a plan to assess student achievement.
- Focused, succinct strategy that is limited to 5 years.
To increase student success by providing the essential skills for achieving academic success and employing a comprehensive advising process.
- Students will develop essential skills for achieving academic success.
- Students will participate in a Comprehensive Advising Process (CAP).
During the 2015-16 academic year the following programs require “COL 105: Freshman Seminar” be taken during the first semester for first-time students in the following programs:
- Associate in Arts
- Associate in Science
- Accounting Associate Degree
- Accounting Specialist Certificate
- Early Childhood Associate Degree
- Early Childhood Diploma
- Early Childhood Certificate
- Infant and Toddler Certificate
- Management Associate Degree
“COL 105: Freshman Seminar” provides a general orientation to Central Carolina Technical College, student support resources available and provides students with the essential skills to be successful in college. SMART is outlined below:
|S||Strategies to achieve academic and career goals|
|M||Methods of basic information literacy skills|
|A||Attendance policy knowledge and impact|
|R||Responsible and ethical academic behavior|
|T||Time management skills|
Beginning with the 2016-17 academic year, “COL 105: Freshman Seminar” will be required for all first-time students entering Central Carolina Technical College.
QEP Report Card
For additional information on Smart Choices for Success, please contact: