Name / Address Change

Official changes to addresses are made to a student’s record only through a student’s written request to the Student Records Office.

The student’s official name is to be used on all College records. To change a name, Central Carolina must have an official document such as a court order, social security card, birth certificate, marriage license, or military identification card. A copy of this document must be attached to a student’s written request

Change of Last Name:

  • To Married Name – copy of social security card, marriage license & picture ID.
  • From Married to Maiden – copy of divorce decree stating use of maiden name, social security card, and picture ID. A divorce decree without this statement is not enough to change the name.
  • Decreed by Legal Document – copy of the legal document issued by the court, social security card, and picture ID.

Change of First Name and/or Complete Name:

  • Copy of the court document containing name change, social security card, and picture ID.

Valid Legal Documents:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Court Decree
  • Marriage License – for last name only
  • Military Identification Card
  • Social Security Card