An exciting leadership opportunity exists at a progressive college located in central South Carolina. The college serves a population of more than 224,159 in a four-county service area including Clarendon, Lee, Kershaw and Sumter counties that features a diverse mixture of manufacturing industry, an involved business community, and education institutions.
The Presidential Search Committee for Central Carolina Technical College (CCTC), one of sixteen colleges comprising the South Carolina Technical College System invites applications and nominations for the position of President, the Chief Executive Officer of the college. CCTC is a comprehensive, public, two-year institution of higher education dedicated to fostering a positive environment of teaching and learning for faculty, staff and students.
Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, CCTC offers more than 50 programs leading to an associate degree, diploma, or certificate in the technical/occupational disciplines. The college’s vast array of programs prepares students to enter the job market, transfer to senior colleges and universities, and achieve their professional and personal goals. CCTC offers academic programs in business, health sciences, public service, industrial and engineering technology, and arts and sciences. CCTC serves students through traditional and non-traditional formats in multiple learning environments including electronic instructional methods. The 2019 combined student population of the college was 3,361 with an FTE enrollment of 2,018. The college employee a permanent faculty and staff of 259. The college recently unveiled its first-ever mascot, the Titan.
- Master’s degree required; earned Doctorate preferred; and
- Ten year’s experience as an academic executive and/or administrative leader; preferably in a technical or community college setting.
The Central Carolina Technical College Area Commission is seeking a high-energy, ethical, visionary and collaborative leader who possesses the following:
- An open, proactive, creative, and entrepreneurial style of leadership that embraces collaborative decision making and relationships;
- A clear understanding of and commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive technical/community college and excellence in teaching, student success and academic integrity;
- Extensive experience in or knowledge of industrial and economic development programs;
- A commitment to fully engaging with political and community leaders on economic development initiatives;
- A strong knowledge of fiscal management and a commitment to resource development to include fundraising;
- A proven record of effective strategic planning and implementation of strategic actions;
- A demonstrated ability to work with local, state and national elected officials to achieve college goals; and
- A successful record of promoting partnerships with various constituencies including other educational entities, business and industry and community groups.
Central Carolina Technical College is in Group II of the South Carolina Technical College System. The salary offered is based on experience and other factors and is determined by the SC Agency Head Salary Commission. The salary range for Group II is $136,391 to $211,970. Applications and nominations will be accepted until a suitable candidate is identified. Persons interested in this leadership opportunity should submit a letter of application and current résumé or vitae to:
Kandy N. Peacock
Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer
South Carolina Technical College System
111 Executive Center Drive
Columbia, SC 29210
Email address: CCTCSearch@sctechsystem.edu
*Please check this page weekly for updates.