New five-year strategic plan announced
Central Carolina Technical College announces its new five-year strategic plan
SUMTER, S.C. – Central Carolina Technical College has announced a new five-year strategic plan. The 2015-2020 CCTC Strategic Plan, released June 30, includes the organization’s mission, vision, strategic priorities, goals and key objectives.
The new plan focuses on the college’s mission, a strong commitment to planning, and a keen sense of the role higher education plays in facilitating an improved quality of life for the citizens in Central Carolina’s service area, which includes Clarendon, Lee, Kershaw and Sumter counties.
Central Carolina Technical College’s leadership, faculty and staff collaborated with more than 100 community and institutional partners during a day-long event in October 2014 to identify the major areas of focus and strategies for the 2015-2020 CCTC Strategic Plan. “While this plan is broad in scope, there are five specific focus areas that include: educating students; faculty and staff; partnerships; workforce development/continuing education; and resources,” CCTC President Tim Hardee said. “This resulted in eight goals supported by multiple strategies.”
The goals include:
- Fostering an environment conducive to student success.
- Expanding its accessibility and program offerings.
- Strengthening students’ pathways to four-year colleges and universities.
- Attracting and retaining quality faculty and staff.
- Strengthening its role with K-12 institutions and becoming a first-choice option for high school students.
- Identifying and maintaining community, legislative, workforce and higher education partnerships to accomplish its Mission.
- Expanding the continuing education training and educational programs’ scope and effectiveness within the community.
- Practicing effective stewardship of its resources and seeking new avenues of funding.
Central Carolina Technical College’s governing board, the Area Commission, approved the 2015-2020 CCTC Strategic Plan, which is available to download here.