The faculty and staff at CCTC look forward to celebrating our 2022-2023 graduates at CCTC’s 59th Commencement Ceremonies taking place on Friday, May 5, 2023 at the Sumter County Civic Center!
Ceremony Times by Area of Study:
- 10 a.m. – Accounting and Management, Computer Science, Criminal Justice and Paralegal, Early Care and Education, Human Services, Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Technology, Environmental Engineering Technology and Natural Resources
- 3 p.m. – Arts and Sciences, Nursing and Health Sciences
- Note: Ceremony time for General Technology graduates is determined by the student’s primary specialty.
What do you need to do in order to participate in the Commencement ceremony?
- You must have completed your program in fall 2022 or be pending completion for spring or summer 2023.
- You must RSVP by Friday, April 21, 2023 in order to participate.
Commencement 2023 RSVP Form
Commencement Day Reminders
- You must RSVP by Friday, April 21 in order to participate in the ceremony.
- Graduates must arrive by 9 a.m. for the 10 a.m. ceremony or 2 p.m. for the 3 p.m. ceremony. Graduates should check in upon arrival at the designated check-in tables located on the left side when entering the Sumter County Civic Center.
Note: There is no graduation rehearsal so it is important to arrive one hour prior to the ceremony.
Admission of Guests
- Admission tickets are not required.
- Guests should arrive and be seated before the beginning of the ceremony. Guests arriving after the ceremony begins will be asked to wait outside until after the processional.
- Graduates should come dressed in business casual attire under regalia (navy blue gown, cap and tassel). Regalia may be purchased at the CCTC Bookstore. You may wear a stole that represents your major, student organization, culture, etc. Stoles are optional and may be purchased on Amazon or from a graduation retailer of your choosing.
- Graduates participating in the ceremony who meet one or more of the criteria below will be given a graduation cord upon check-in at the ceremony:
- Graduates designated with Graduation Honors will receive a gold cord.
- High school students completing a degree program upon high school completion will receive a white cord.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military graduates will receive a red, white and blue cord. (If you do not have a Military Verification Form on file with Admissions or are not currently receiving VA benefits for tuition, you must present your Military or VA ID or DD214 to Student Records or Veterans Affairs prior to the day of the ceremony in order to receive a cord at check-in).
Note: The graduation cords listed above are the only cords authorized to be worn at the graduation ceremony.
Awarding of Degree/Diploma/Certificate
- Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates are posted to a student’s academic record after the Commencement Ceremony providing the following program requirements are met:
- Students must achieve a program grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
- All financial obligations to the college must be fulfilled.
- Students must complete at least 25% of the required courses at CCTC.
Note: Refer to the College Catalog and Handbook for a detailed list of graduation requirements.
- Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates will be mailed to graduates within one month of program completion providing the student has submitted a graduation application.
- Graduates should ensure their mailing address is correct on their academic record. Students may verify their address by clicking the “Personal Information” link located on the Student page in myCCTC. Contact Student Records at (803) 778.6654 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question regarding an address change.
- Graduates achieving a cumulative GPA (Grade Point Average) of:
- 3.500-3.699 will be designated as graduating Cum Laude
- 3.700-3.899 will be designated as graduating Magna Cum Laude
- 3.900-4.000 will be designated as graduating Summa Cum Laude
- Graduates who achieve graduation honors in the fall and/or spring semester are recognized during the ceremony.
- An honors seal will be placed on the degree, diploma or certificate of graduates achieving graduation honors at the end of the semester in which the program of study is completed.
Note: The list of honors candidates recognized in the printed program is prepared before spring final grades are reported.
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) – Active Members in Good Standing
- PTK members who are in good standing will have PTK beside their name on the graduation program.
- PTK members who are in good standing will be eligible to wear the Phi Theta Kappa stole and tassel during the graduation ceremony.
- A Phi Theta Kappa seal will be placed on the degree of PTK members who have a 3.25 GPA during the semester in which they complete their program of study.
- Contact Reneé Patchin at (803) 778.7867 or email@example.com if you have questions regarding Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.
Name on Graduation Program and Awards
- The name listed on your academic records (legal name) is the name that will appear in the Graduation program and on your award (degree, diploma or certificate).
- If you desire to change your name, official documentation is required and should be presented to Student Records. If your name is changed after your award is produced, you will be required to pay a $25 fee for an award with your updated name.
- Contact Student Records at (803) 778.6654 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding name changes.
Financial Aid Federal Loan Exit Counseling
- Students who have received a subsidized, unsubsidized or PLUS loan(s) under the Direct Loan Program must complete exit counseling when they graduate or leave school.
- Exit counseling provides important information to prepare you to pepay your federal student loan(s).
- The entire counseling process takes approximately 20-30 minutes and must be completed in a single session at https://studentaid.gov/app/counselingInstructions.action?counselingType=plus
- To prevent delays in acquiring transcripts after graduation, please complete counseling wihtin 30 days prior to graduation.