GENERAL ADMISSIONS 101: Re-Admits (Returning Students)
Tips for Re-Admits (Students Returning to the College)
- Visit www.fafsa.ed.gov and Create your Federal Student Aid Identification (FSA ID) and Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Complete your application early.
- Contact the College to determine your academic and financial aid status if you are unsure of either status. If on academic suspension and/or financial aid suspension, you will need to adhere to the procedures required by the College. Use the links for Academic Suspension and Financial Aid Suspension.
- Complete a new CCTC Admissions Application (Online or at a Local Campus) if you have not attended for one (1) year or more.
- Provide Official College Transcripts from any colleges attended other than CCTC. If you never submitted a high school or GED transcript or it is no longer a part of your student record, the College requires one to be submitted to receive financial aid.
- Meet with a CCTC Admissions Counselor for Re-Admission, Advisement and Class Registration.
- Check your myCCTC account daily for emails and announcements.
- Pay all fees or enroll in the College’s Deferred Payment Plan before the payment deadline date to avoid being dropped from classes.
Thinking about pursuing a career in healthcare?
2016 School Counselor Summer Institute A Success!
2016 School Counselor Summer Institute
Eleven School Counselors, Career Specialists, and Transition Counselors from Clarendon, Kershaw, Lee and Sumter Counties attended the one-week intensive institute July 18-22, 2016 to learn about Central Carolina Technical College. The week was packed with tours, hands-on experiences, lectures, interaction with college leadership, and placement testing. Yes! They even took the college’s placement test. The week culminated with counselors sharing their experiences and what they will take back with them during the new academic year. Here are some of the photos from the week.
Test Taking Tip for August
Analyze how you did on a similar test in the past. Review your previous tests and sample tests provided by your teacher. Each test you take prepares you for the next one!
New Program for August!!!
New Program!!! Medical Office Administrative Assistant
What’s our new program? It’s our Medical Office Administrative Assistant Certificate program. As the demand for front office assistants grows, graduates will have the opportunity to find employment in a stable work environment with convenient hours. The program is flexible and classes are offered in the Day and Evenings.
Need an Associate’s Degree? Students completing the Medical Office Administrative Assistant Certificate program may apply their coursework toward the Associate Degree in Administrative Office Technology.
For additional information, visit Medical Office Administrative Assistant or contact a Recruiter.
Diana C. Green, Clarendon and Lee Counties, email@example.com, 803.774.3338
Dayton B. Ward, Sumter and Kershaw Counties. firstname.lastname@example.org. 803.778.6686
Congratulations!! You’ve Been Accepted!
Make the most of your FINAL 4 months of high school!
Enroll for Fall Semester at your local CCTC campus.
Registration Dates for:
F.E. DuBose Campus, Kershaw County Downtown Campus, Lee County Site and Main Campus
- Friday, March 4: 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. (testing, admissions, financial aid)
- Monday, March 14: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. (testing, admissions, financial aid, registration)
- Saturday, April 23, May 21 & June 18: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. (testing, admissions, financial aid, registration)
- Complete testing, admissions, financial aid and register for classes.
- Bring your ACT and SAT scores for review, or take the CCTC Placement Test.
- Financial Aid and Admissions staff will be available to help you complete Financial Aid, get admitted and answer your questions.
Reflections on the School Counselor Summer Institute by Manning High School Counselor Marlene Hodge
Reflections 2015 Counselor Summer Institute
CCTC Counselor Institute has come to a close.
Reflecting back, there was No time to doze!
All Programs, old and new, we saw
Like mechatronics, nursing, and law.
Yes, the enlightening Tours we took
And in industry we certainly looked!
Saw need for that Ready Workforce
And Preparation at CCTC, of course!
Visited the up-coming new Programs,
Heard the vision and exciting plans!
Registration and financial calls we made,
So our students and CCTC can get Paid!
New counselor friends expressed their views,
Wanting only students to succeed, not lose!
To President, staff, instructors, “well done.”
Hopefully, Our students to CCTC will come!
July 17, 2015
Lee Central High Career Counselor Linda Thomas Shares Her Summer Institute Experience
Do You Know Any of These People?
2015 School Counselor Summer Institute Participants