Clarendon County Adult Education held a summer session in June, and five more students were able to graduate with their GED or High School Diploma. You can find their photos on our Facebook page, but we thought we would take a moment to review our entire year!
Here are the stats:
Quick Facts about CCAE outcomes for the 2015-2016 School Year –
- We enrolled and funded a total of 221 students in our three locations.
- Our outreach programs touched more than 300 residents of Clarendon County.
- Thirty-two (32) of our students earned high school credentials (5 high school diplomas and 27 GEDs). Five our GED graduates earned the College Readiness Honors Designation on their diplomas.
- Our GED pass rate was over 90%, well above state and national averages.
- 101 of our students increased an educational level, making gains in literacy, high school credentials, and English language learning.
- We achieved five out of six state performance goals, with our overall aggregate average reaching 122% of desired outcomes. We are performing better than ever!
- We provided free WorkKeys testing and certification to 32 community members.
- 98% of this year’s graduates received their National Career Readiness Certificates
- Over 40% of our 2016 graduating class is currently enrolled in post-secondary education.
- Two community members were able to test and gain Paraprofessional Certification.
Our goals for the 2016-2017 School Year –
GROW OUR NUMBERS…more students, more academic gains, more credentials!
- Enroll students who will achieve educational gains, complete desired credentials, and advance to higher levels of employment and learning.
- Implement new WIOA legislation and OED initiatives in order to provide career pathways and employability skills instruction to our students.
BUILD RELATIONSHIPS…greater champions, greater collaboration, greater community!
- Deliver a program of excellence with quality teaching and highly trained instructors.
- Create and continue relationships with our students, our community, our three school districts and other local agencies in order to meet changing community needs.
SHARE OUR VISION…future learning, future goals, future achievements!
- Provide and foster a learning environment that reflects the vision of South Carolina Adult Education and Central Carolina Technical College.