Clarendon County Adult Education
Located on the F.E. DuBose Campus of Central Carolina Technical College in Manning, Clarendon County Adult Education serves the community and local school districts with a variety of programs. We have two satellite locations in Summerton at the old Historic Scott’s Branch Middle School and in Turbeville at East Clarendon Middle School. We believe adult learners have unique needs, and we offer a platform of excellence, integrity and innovation. We provide a safe learning environment that is both structured and nurturing. Whether your goal is to improve basic skills, learn new skills, work towards a high school diploma or GED certificate, or improve WorkKeys scores, Clarendon County Adult Education can meet your needs.
For the most up-to-date information and feature stories about Clarendon County Adult Education, please read our blog, available HERE.
The Clarendon County Adult Education program provides a learning environment which fosters student success, encourages life-long education and meets changing community needs.
Our vision is based on relationships with our learners and our commitment to your success. We are preparing Clarendon County citizens for their future and making a difference in South Carolina. We embrace both of these challenges in our efforts to improve the quality of life for our community. We want all students who attend Clarendon County Adult Education programs to be productive and participating members of society.
- Enroll students who will achieve educational gains, complete desired credentials, and advance to higher levels of employment and learning.
- Deliver a program of excellence with quality teaching and highly trained instructors.
- Create and continue relationships with our students, our community, our three school districts and other local agencies in order to meet changing community needs.
- Provide and foster a learning environment that reflects the vision of South Carolina Adult Education and Central Carolina Technical College.
- SC High School Diploma Program
- General Education Development (GED) Certificate Preparation
- Basic Reading, Writing, and Math Skills
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- WorkKeys Preparation
- COMPASS (College Placement) Preparation
- Paraprofessional Exam Preparation
- Basic Computer Classes
- Adult Learning Opportunities (as needed)