Official changes to addresses are made to a student’s record only through a student’s written request to the Student Records Office.
The student’s official name is to be used on all College records. To change a name, Central Carolina must have an official document such as a court order, social security card, birth certificate, marriage license, or military identification card. A copy of this document must be attached to a student’s written request
Change of Last Name:
- To Married Name – copy of social security card, marriage license & picture ID.
- From Married to Maiden – copy of divorce decree stating use of maiden name, social security card, and picture ID. A divorce decree without this statement is not enough to change the name.
- Decreed by Legal Document – copy of the legal document issued by the court, social security card, and picture ID.
Change of First Name and/or Complete Name:
- Copy of the court document containing name change, social security card, and picture ID.
Valid Legal Documents:
- Birth Certificate
- Court Decree
- Marriage License – for last name only
- Military Identification Card
- Social Security Card