If you are not registered to vote in South Carolina and desire to vote in local, state and national elections, you may access the S.C. Voter Registration form at the following link: http://www.state.sc.us/scsec/vr.html. The voter registration form will also be available to all students at CentralFest events held each semester at all campus locations. After you complete the registration form, you will need to mail, fax, or email it to the County Voter Registration Board in the county where you resided. The mailing addresses, fax numbers and email addresses for all County Voter Registration Boards are listed on the Voter Registration website at the link provided in this email. You may also register in person.
In order to vote, South Carolina law requires one must first register to vote at least 30 days prior to the election. To be eligible to register in South Carolina you MUST:
- be a United States citizen
- be at least eighteen years old on or before the next election
- be a resident of South Carolina, this county and precinct
- not be under a court order declaring you mentally incompetent,
- not be confined in any public prison resulting from a conviction of a crime,
- have never been convicted of a felony or offense against the election laws OR if previously convicted, have served the entire sentence, including probation or parole, or have received a pardon for the conviction.
Effective January 1, 2013, you will be asked to show one of the following Photo IDs at your polling place:
- S.C. Driver’s License
- ID Card issued by S.C. Department of Motor Vehicles
- S.C. Voter Registration Card with Photo
- Federal Military ID Card
- U.S. Passport
If you would like to register to vote but do not have access to a printer or need assistance, you may visit the Registration Lab in the Student Services Center (Round Building) on Main Campus. You may also seek assistance at any other campus location. We encourage all students to exercise their right to vote.