Career Planning Assistance
Central Carolina Technical College prides itself on providing you with an education that supports your move or continued progress in the workforce. To support this mission, we want to provide you with the best in services as you plan your career. We have numerous career development and employment services to help you reach your goals. When you come, we will guide you in making realistic and appropriate career plans. The following services are offered free of charge:
- Career Exploration: Websites, DVD’s, and books are available to help you identify your interests, consider career options, and investigate non-traditional careers.
- Career Counseling: Certified career counselors are available to assist you as you develop your career plans.
- Workshops: Various seminars are sponsored, including employability skills, interviewing skills, and career planning. More information on the workshops is in myCCTC.
- Job Seeking Skills: Resources are available to assist you with résumé preparation and interviewing techniques and in researching local employment opportunities. Websites like College Central and Perfect Interview will be valuable to help you improve your resume and interview skills.
- Career Planning Websites: The following links are offered only as informational resources. The commercial websites are not necessarily endorsed by CCTC.
Occupational Outlook Handbook: The on-line version of the well-known job information directory published by the Federal government.
Occupational Outlook Quarterly: A periodical from the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics that provides employment projections, economic growth reports and labor force analyses.
Career InfoNet: Provides job market trends, wage information, a searchable database of employers, demographic and economic data, and a resource library with over 3,500 links to related websites.
Bureau of Labor Statistics: This is the granddaddy of Web-based salary and labor market data, but it can be a difficult site to navigate.
Mapping Your Future: A guide to Career, Schools, and Financial Aid with on-line student loan counseling and dozens of very useful links to other web sites.