Student IDs and Parking
Upon enrollment, students are required to obtain a College Identification Card from the Security Office. A tuition payment receipt and picture I.D. must be validated each semester of attendance.
- This card must be carried at all times and is to be shown for identification upon the request of any security officer, faculty member, administrator, or student leader.
- Lending this card to anyone or failure to present it when requested by authorized personnel is a violation of school regulations and subjects the holder to disciplinary action.
- This card should be returned to the security office when a student withdraws from the College.
- Loss should be reported immediately to the Security Office. Cost of replacement is $2.00.
Campus Security performs random/periodic ID checks to ensure the safety of all students and to discourage unauthorized personnel on its campuses.
Motor vehicles used on College property must be registered in the College Security Office located in Room M117 of building M100. Vehicle registration must be repeated each academic year. The registrant must present a valid driver’s license and state vehicle registration certificate. The Central Carolina registration sticker (parking decal) must be clearly displayed on the outside left side of the rear bumper or rear window of an automobile for registration to be complete. The Central Carolina registrant of a vehicle is responsible for any parking violations incurred by that vehicle. Vehicles parked on college property without a current Central Carolina parking decal/hanging tag or parked in unauthorized areas are subject to be towed at the owner’s expense. Students can receive two parking decals at no cost. Additional decals can be obtained for a cost of $5 each. Vehicle decals are non-transferable from one vehicle to another. Each vehicle driven on campus must be registered with the security office.
Student parking is on a first-come basis, and there is no assigned student parking. Vehicle registration must be repeated each academic year. Students with a current Central Carolina parking decal/hanging tag may park in the areas designated for student parking, which include the paved area at the end of Building M200 (between Central Carolina Technical College and USC Sumter) and any other parking spaces that are not reserved for staff and faculty, handicapped, or visitors. Students parking in areas marked for staff, faculty, visitors, and handicapped will be ticketed. Anyone -faculty, students, or visitors – without a handicapped decal will be ticketed if the vehicle is parked in the reserved handicapped spaces. Central Carolina is not responsible for damage or theft of a vehicle or the contents of the vehicle on college property.
The USC parking lot can be used as overflow parking for CCTC students (at no additional charge). This USC lot is accessible from Theatre and Stoddard Drives. It is the large parking lot behind not next to the USC library. Parking in any USC lots other than the one indicated will require a USC parking permit or will result in parking fines by USC.
Central Carolina Technical College
Parking Hanging Tags
- Faculty/staff and student hanging tags are available for a fee of $20.00 per year.
- Fees must be paid to the cashier, and the receipt presented to the security office prior to issuance.
- Hanging tags must be displayed unobstructed from the rear view mirror of the vehicle.
- Failure to display the hanging tag properly could result in a ticket for improper display or no parking decal.
- Hanging tags may be moved from one vehicle to another; however each vehicle’s license plate must be registered with the security office.
- Hanging tags are valid for one academic calendar year beginning with the fall semester, and are not prorated throughout the year.
- Hanging tag fees will not be refunded.