Admission Policies and Procedures
In order to apply to CCTC, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old or possess a high school diploma from an accredited high school or GED certificate.
- If you are between the ages of 16 and 18, or have dropped out of high school, you must obtain written permission from the high school principal in the area in which you reside.
- If you are applying for an associate degree program, you must submit an official high school transcript or evidence of a GED. Official transcripts must be on file by the completion of the first semester.
- Submit an Application for Admission Form. Students who are re-entering after one year may be required to complete a new application.
- If you have been home schooled, you must contact the Admissions Office for specific admissions guidelines and procedures for home schooled students.
- If you have attended other colleges or universities, you must request that an official copy of your transcript be sent to Student Records. You may bring an unofficial transcript for review by your admissions counselor or the Registrar, but credit will not be applied until you have been accepted to the College and an official copy of the transcript is on file and evaluated.
- The minimum scoring requirements on standardized test are as follows:
Central Carolina Technical College’s Placement Test SAT
Recentered (R) 470 minimum Verbal
Recentered (R) 460 minimum Math
Critical Reading 470 minimum
English from multiple choice of Writing 47 minimum
Math 460 minimum
at least 19 on Reading subscore
at least 19 on English subscore
at least 19 on Math subscore
- You will then meet with an admissions counselor who will explain test scores, assist you in understanding placement into the program of study and completing admissions paperwork.
- In addition to meeting the general admission requirements for the College, some programs have additional admission requirements.
To obtain additional information regarding admissions, contact the Admissions Office at (803) 778-6605 or (800) 221-8711, ext. 205.