Increasing persistence in postsecondary environment
The ACT Program seeks to increase the persistence of low-income Black American students in the postsecondary environment by providing support programs and activities in technical, academic, and life skills management for students. The program does this by:
- Implementing the "ACTing All Semester" learning community to support and facilitate the successful transition into college, improve sustainability, and improve progression through the highereducation environment leading to graduation
- Designing and conducting student workshops that will provide information and strategies about college success skills, including "Getting Started", "Critical Times in the Semester", "How to Sustain Momentum", and "How to Finish the Semester"
- Establishing and Information Technology Resource Center
- Providing tutoring services
- Designing and implementing professional development activities