Transferring College Credit to Central Carolina Technical College
It is the policy of Central Carolina Technical College (CCTC) to review all entering students' postsecondary course work completed at other regionally accredited colleges or universities. Students may be admitted with advanced standing by transfer of credits.
In order for course work to be evaluated, an official transcript must be on file in the student's academic record in the Student Records Office. Decisions regarding the awarding of credit and the determination of such credit are made by the department chair/program manager and the Registrar.
The postsecondary course work will be evaluated by the Office of the Registrar and must meet the following criteria:
- The College will accept only credit course work with a grade of "C" or better which has been earned from other regionally accredited postsecondary institutions.
- The course work must closely parallel the course in the student's curriculum as offered by CCTC.
- Transfer credit time limits may vary by department. When a student decides to change his/her program, transfer credit will be evaluated based on new program requirements.
- If the credits being transferred were awarded in quarter credit hours, the credits will be converted to semester hour equivalents. If the credit hours for the parallel course are less than those granted by the college, the course will not be accepted for transfer. The student may take a proficiency test, if applicable.
- The grade awarded from the conferring institution will appear on the CCTC transcript, but it will not be used in calculating the CCTC student's grade-point average (GPA). Transfer credit will, however, be calculated in the cumulative "Earned Hours" (EHRS) section of the transcript. In addition, grade points are not transferable from previous institutions.
- The Office of the Registrar will evaluate transfer credit, confer with faculty and department chairs when required, and award transfer credit. Transfer credit will be awarded after acceptance and before the end of the first semester of enrollment provided the official transcript has been received from the awarding college/university.
- A student is encouraged not to enroll in classes that may transfer until the evaluation has been completed.
- A letter displaying the accepted transfer credits will be sent to the student. Students may also access transferred credit in myCCTC.
- The list of transfer credits will be available in CCTC's student database for access by the appropriate college personnel. A copy will also be filed in the student's official academic record in the Student Records Office. Students may also access this information through their myCCTC account.