Progression Standards - After Program Entry
Failure to meet progression standards results in suspension from the program.
- After admission, students must maintain a minimum 2.0 program GPA on program curriculum courses at Central Carolina Technical College in order to progress
- Must earn a minimum of a "C" or higher in each required curriculum course for the program. Students may retake courses completed with less than a "C" one time only
- Must successfully complete all components of a course (theory, clinical, drug calculation proficiency) in order to pass the course. Students who fail to complete a component will receive a grade of "F" for the course regardless of the time in the semester and are not eligible to receive a "W" through the withdrawal process
- Students must complete all course requirements within two years of starting date of first clinical course (MED114)
- Students are limited to two attempts at successful completion of any medical assistant program (including Central Carolina Technical College). A withdrawal "W" constitutes an attempt at a MED course and will count as one attempt to complete the program
- Students must maintain current CPR (Health Care Provider) and Annual tuberculosis test (PPD) to remain in the program