Progression Standards - After Program Entry
Failure to meet progression standard results in suspension from the program.
- After admission, students must maintain a minimum 2.0 program GPA on program curriculum courses at Central Carolina Technical College in order to progress
- Must earn a minimum of a "C" or higher in each required curriculum course for the program. Students may retake program curriculum courses completed with less than a "C" one time only.
- Must successfully complete all components of a course (theory and clinical) in order to pass the course. Students who fail to complete a component will receive a grade of "F" forthe course regardless of the time in the seemster and are not eligible to receive a "W" through the withdrawal process.
- Students must complete all course requirements within two years of starting date of first clinical course (MTH120).
- Students are limited to two attemps at successful completion of any massage therapy program (including Central Carolina Technical College). A withdrawl "W" constitutes an attempt in a massage therapy (MTH) course and will count as one attempt to complete the program.
- Students must maintain annual tuberculosis test (PPD), and current CPR (Health Care Provider) to remain in the program. Online CPR certification/recertification will not be accepted.
- Students must purchase and maintain professional liability insurance with the College.
- Students may be required to purchase a portable massage table during the first semester. Prices vary starting at approximately $400.