Progression Standards - After Program Entry
Failure to meet progression standards results in suspension from the program.
- After admission, students must maintain a minimum 2.0 program GPA in program curriculum courses at Central Carolina Technical College in order to progress.
- Must earn a minimum of a "C" or higher in each required curriculum course for the program. Students may retake program curriculum courses completed with less than a "C" one time only.
- Must successfully complete all components of a course (theory, clinical, lab skills proficiency) in order to pass the course. Students who fail to complete a component will receive a grade of "F" for the course regardless of the time in the semester and are not eligible to receive a "W" through the withdrawal process.
- Students must complete all course requirements within two years of starting date of first clinical course (SUR 101).
- Students are limited to two attempts at successful completion of any surgical technology program (including Central Carolina Technical College). A withdrawal "W" constitutes an attempt at a Health Sciences (SUR) course and will count as one attempt to complete the program.
- Students must maintain annual CPR (Health Care Provider) and tuberculosis test (PPD) to remain in the program. Online CPR certification/recertification will not be accepted.