Transfers or Readmissions
- Students who have withdrawn or have been suspended from the Surgical Technology Diploma program at CCTC or any other educational institution must request admission/readmission to the program.
- Students must have a cumulative program GPA of 2.0 for readmission or transfer.
- Students who have withdrawn or have been dismissed more than once from any surgical technology program, including the Central Carolina Technical College Surgical Technology Diploma program, are ineligible for admission or readmission. However, students may petition the Dean of Health Sciences for special consideration if they have withdrawn from the program due to extenuating circumstances. The final decision for an exception rests with the Dean.
- Students seeking transfer must meet all admission requirements and submit syllabi, course outlines, and catalogs from the former institution to the department for review. Transfer evaluations are considered on an individual basis.
- Students seeking transfer or readmission must follow specific guidelines to ensure theoretical knowledge and clinical competencies are current.